What's new
Nucleus Boards

Hello Guest! Welcome to Nucleus. Right now, you are not logged in or registered with us. If you sign up to our site you gain access to lots of awesome features and become a part of an awesome & growing community. Why not sign up today?

Sega Genesis/Megadrive

Smokey

Founder/C.E.O.
Administrator
What are your thoughts on the Sega Genesis/MegaDrive? This was the first console that really got me into gaming. Everything about it was fantastic. I was fortunate enough to own one growing up and then later on in life got another from a family friend. Now i play my genesis cartridges on a RetroN5. However, I'm still a little upset I got rid of most of my original carts from my childhood. I had quite the collection. I used to spend hours on Streets of Rage or Mortal Kombat II, or Michael Jackson's Moonwalker as a kid.

What about you? Did you own a Sega Genesis/Megadrive growing up? What was your favorite game?

Nilla

We used to own a Sega Genisis when I was around 7 or 8. I enjoyed playing the Sonic games and of course The Lion King :D I don't even think I beat either of them though lol We also used to have a Sega Dreamcast but I had never played it before.

Smokey

Founder/C.E.O.
Administrator
I absolutely LOVE the Dreamcast. I still play mine semi regularly today :) It's my favorite console of all time and I get excited when new titles come out for it. :) Yes the Dreamcast still gets new games made for it! :D

Megan

Smokey said:
I absolutely LOVE the Dreamcast. I still play mine semi regularly today :) It's my favorite console of all time and I get excited when new titles come out for it. :) Yes the Dreamcast still gets new games made for it! :D

I wasn't aware of that!  :huh: That said love the Dreamcast. Got one mostly for House of the Dead 2. Plus I adored Grandia II on it.

Anyway, I love the Sega Genesis. Well, mostly love the attachment, the Sega CD. Purely for two games: Lunar the Silver Star and Lunar Eternal Blue.

We had both when I was in middle school, and I loved them. Sadly some years back ours got trashed in a flood. I kept on the look out for one for years. Finally a couple years ago I found one, so its my pride and joy.

As for the regular Sega Genesis I always loved the Sonic games. Also this Tiny Toons one that plays like a Sonic game.

Smokey

Founder/C.E.O.
Administrator
I got Lunar Silver Star Story Complete & Lunar 2: Eternal Blue: Complete on the original Playstation. I remember when they were released, I called up my local EB Games every day until both were in stock. :)

Megan

Smokey said:
I got Lunar Silver Star Story Complete & Lunar 2: Eternal Blue: Complete on the original Playstation. I remember when they were released, I called up my local EB Games every day until both were in stock. :)

A fellow Lunar fan?! Those are rare to find! XD I'm a HUGE Lunar fan. I think one of my prized possessions I've collected is keychains of Alex and Althena which I paid $30 each for. A lot but their rare and they have stands like mini figures! Plus I have all the novels and manga. And various soundtracks.

I have those too. My mom had picked up Lunar Silver Star Story Complete. I kinda took ownership of it. XD As for Lunar 2 I got that for Christmas including a Ghaleon hand puppet. XD Those boxsets were really awesome though. I think the first Lunar was the one that differed the most to the original. The 2nd had changes too, but not nearly as much I feel. I love them all and try to keep my Sega Genesis happy by keeping it plugged in and charged. Its my baby!